(Sweet Potato + Avocado) – Dairy/Meat = Happiness
Greetings from AD 🙂 I hope you are having a fab week. Still trying to be ‘good’ diet wise and have had a productive week working out every day with my Vegan Pea Protein. Rock & Roll.
Anyway, I made a fab twice baked, sweet potato and avocado recipe at the weekend which was just too good not to share. I love sweet potatoes ( I have yet to meet someone who doesn’t) especially sweet potato fries. None of that while operation skinny continues but trust me when I say this recipe is a sufficient alternative.
As far as veganism goes, sweet potatoes are a great meat substitute. They are really versatile and can be used in curries, burgers, pies, casseroles… (you get the idea). They taste fab and are great for weight loss or for when you are trying to be ‘good’ due to the fibre they provide. Once eaten, fibre absorbs water making you feel fuller than you actually are. They are also a substantial source of both vitamin A & C.
This recipe is nice and easy to make, I used one large sweet potato and was stuffed. Chucked in some pomegranate too because I love them 🙂
What’s your favorite vegan baked potato filling? I need some more ideas!! Jess x
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 tbsp. of coconut oil
- 1/2 white onion (diced)
- 1 avocado
- Pre-head the oven to 210 degrees
- Roast the sweet potato for one hour
- Remove the potato from the oven and cut in half (longwise)
- Scoop the sweet potato flesh from the skins and put in a mixing bowl
- In a pan, saute the onion in the coconut oil until in starts to brown then transfer into bowl with the sweet potato
- Add 3/4 of the avocado to the bowl and mash until the sweet potato filling is mixed thoroughly
- Scoop the mixture back into the potato skins and transfer back into the oven for 5 minutes
- Serve with the remaining avocado and pomegranate - enjoy!