Quick, Healthy, Cauliflower Rice
I wanted to share with you one of my new, favorite dishes. I am absolutely in love with Cauliflower Rice. It is quick, cheap, easy and healthy, what’s not to like!
Whole grain rice is great, but if you are watching your weight especially hard or fancy a lighter alternative, this Cauliflower Rice recipe is for you. It can be served on it’s own or as a rice replacement along side any dish including Indian and Chinese meals.
There are a number of Cauliflower Rice dishes I want to try, but for just now here is how you can make plain but tasty Cauliflower Rice yourself.
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1/2 large white onion chopped
- 5 spring onions chopped
- 2 garlic gloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 large cauliflower
- Break up the cauliflower into florets and cut the stalks off
- Either grate the cauliflower or blitz in a food processor until you have small grain like pieces of cauliflower
- In a pan, heat the coconut oil and saute the garlic, onion and spring onion
- Once the onions have started to turn golden, add the cauliflower and continue to cook
- After 8 minutes or so, once some of the cauliflower pieces have also started to turn golden, serve and enjoy
Why don’t you make Cauliflower the next time you are making a rice dish?