***If sad insert burger***
aloha all & happy Saturday. I’ve been blogging for over a year now so I think it’s fair to say a vegan burger recipe is well & truly due.
I like burgers & usually when you eat out a lot of the veggie burgers are suitable for vegans – just hold the cheese & the mayo. Most veggie burgers are made of beans, mushrooms & in this instance chickpeas.
Chickpeas are a relatively new fav for me, a few months ago I made & shared a lemon, chickpea & avocado wrap when I was looking for new packed lunch ideas & this is where my chickpea love affair began.
Reasons chickpeas are the bomb:
1. They are cheap
2. They are good little protein boosters
3. They are low in fat/cals (yay)
4. They are versatile – down for anything
So when I wanted to try and whip together a vegan burger the other night, chickpeas seemed liked a good idea. This recipe is ridiculously easy to cook and pretty quick too. Boil, saute, blitz then bake – finito.
On another note – I visited an amazing new raw vegan restaurant in Dubai yesterday – Be Supernatural Kitchen & the food was fab.
If you are in Dubai be sure to check them out in Dubai mall – I had lunch with the lovely Natalia (Think Natalia) & I am feeling so inspired – roll on 2017! Can you believe we are in the final weeks of 2016 – where has the year gone? I hope you all have a fab weekend & enjoy the burgers! Jess xx
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1 cup of frozen veg (any kind)
- 2 tbsp. chopped red onion
- 1 glove garlic (minced)
- 2 tbsp. of chopped coriander
- 4 buns
- Burger toppings (salad etc.)
- coconut oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 200c
- Add the chickpeas and frozen veg to a pot of water and bring to the boil, simmer for 5 mins
- In a pan saute the onion & garlic until the onions start to brown
- Drain the veg/chickpeas and add to a food processor (I used my NutriBullet) with the onions, garlic & coriander
- Blitz until you have a burger mix
- Line an oven tray with baking/parchment paper
- Mold the burger mix into 4 burger shapes on the paper, brush/spray the burger tops lightly with oil
- Bake for 30 mins then add to your buns with your toppings & serve!