Healthy, Vegan & Gluten Free Berry Cookies
COOKIES! This is my first cookie post to the blog, and certainly not the last. I love cookies (who doesn’t?) and wanted to try and bake a healthy alternative to the high sugar/high fat cookies you see everywhere. I spent a lot of time in the kitchen experimenting (and failing) while trying to make these, but with a little help from my food processor, I managed to make some delicious oat and berry cookies, which are both dairy, sugar and gluten free!
Unlike most vegan oat cookies, I haven’t used banana or peanut butter so these are a little different than most of the recipes I see online.
- 1 cup of oats
- 2/3 cup of dried berries, I used blueberries, cranberries and raisins
- 2 tbsp of agave syrup, honey if not vegan
- 1/3 cup of almond milk
- 1 heaped tbsp of cinnamon
- Pre-heat the oven to 190 degrees and line a tray with baking/parchment paper
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blitz until you have a consistent mixture
- Spoon the mixture onto the baking paper, it is a bit sticky, but I used two spoons to try and create circle shaped cookies
- Bake your cookies in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes, until the cookies are firm but not completely hard
- Leave to cool and enjoy!
These vegan oat berry cookies are a great sweet snack for whether you are trying to cut back on sugar or lose weight. They are extremely easy to make and taste amazing.
Why don’t you make some of these cookies for when you fancy a healthy, sweet snack?