“I’ll take the garlic with a side of salad please – with extra garlic”
Ok so I think after making my curried cauliflower & spinach salad I am now obsessed with warm salads.
I have been having them for my lunch this week as part of my stop-eating-so-much-crap plan and they definitely do leave me satisfied. I think the fact that the salad is warm helps too, doesn’t feel like a boring, cold bowl of leaves.
I am also obsessed with garlic, so it only seems natural to combine 2 obsessions into a big bowl of wholesomeness.
I’ve used kale in this salad as I want to try and eat more of this powerful leafy green. I’ve found it can usually be quite over powering (gross) in salads so the garlic oil does a good job of making it edible. I made my own garlic oil for this recipe which I haven’t done before and it is so easy and SO GOOD.
Why not buy a big bunch of kale and make kale chips too? Happy hump day people – Jess x
- 200g wild mushrooms
- 2 bunches of kale
- 1 garlic
- 1/2 cup of pine nuts
- coconut oil
- Peel the garlic and add the whole cloves into a pan with 6 tbsp. of coconut oil, leave to fry for around 6 minutes before discarding the garlic - this will give you the garlic oil
- Chop the mushrooms if needed and in a separate pan saute in 1 tbsp. of coconut oil
- Warm the pine nuts in a dry pan for around 3 minutes until they start to brown, remove from heat
- Rip the kale into pieces from the stalk and transfer into a large bowl, pour the garlic oil over the kale and toss to ensure all the leaves are covered
- Add the mushrooms to the kale leaves and toss again
- Sprinkle the toasted pine nuts ontop of the salad and serve