Today is a salad day, because last night was a pizza night.
Hi happy Friday and happy weekend to those in the UAE 🙂
If you follow my blog you will know I am not a huge fan of salads. I find them boring and I don’t like bowls full of leaves. It just isn’t for me.
But I have been making an effort with my diet recently and I’ve been experimenting with new salads that I can eat and actually enjoy. I also find that during the week I am a lot healthier than weekends. Maybe because I am at work and don’t eat out of boredom and because I take in my own lunches most days. Anyway, by the time the weekend comes round I can easily just eat and eat and eat and eat. Or maybe I just have no self control. Or maybe I just shouldnt be left unsupervised with food lol.
I absolutely love this salad. It is so easy to make and filling. Cauliflower contains literally no fat so even when roasted in coconut oil (obviously) it is still a perfect low fat addition to salad. It doesn’t take long to make either, which I also like.
Also, UAE vegans I bring you great news. Freedom pizzas have even more vegan desserts including vegan ice cream! They also now offer a ‘vegan sausage’ toppings for the pizzas. I had one last night and it was sooo good. If you missed my review of Freedom Pizzas you can read it here. (Keep scrolling down for pictures – you can thank me later).
If you make this salad you can also thank me for that too. Have a good Friday – I am away to the pool with a book. Jess x
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 6 cups of spinach
- 1 red onion (peeled and sliced)
- Coconut oil
- 1.5 tsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. agave syrup (honey for non-vegan)
- Salt and pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 220 degrees
- Chop the cauliflower into florets and transfer to large mixing bowl with the sliced onion
- Add 1/3 cup of coconut oil with the curry powder and turmeric and toss making sure all the cauliflower/onion is covered
- Transfer to oven and roast for 15-20 minutes
- In a cup, mix together 1 tbsp. of coconut oil with the agave syrup and some black pepper
- In a bowl, coat the spinach with the coconut oil dressing
- Once cooked, add the cauliflower and onion to the spinach and toss
- Season, serve warm and enjoy