Eat It, Wear It, Swear By It.(**Pours coconut oil over entire life**)
Ok you guys know I am obsessed with coconut oil – like obsessed obsessed. I use it in my beauty routine & eat the stuff every single day some way shape or form. There are so many coconut oil brands out there but today I want to share with you guys my favourite brand ‘Vita Coco’ & why I love it so much. So whether you are a fellow member of the ‘coconut-oil-with-everything-club’ or a newbie to this popular oil, here is why Vita Coco is the best coconut oil brand out there & a list of ways I use it.
Vita Coco came on the scene after childhood friends Mike Kirban & Ira Liran met two young women from Brazil in 2003. Long story short, they were introduced to the wonders of coconut & the Vita Coco Coconut Water (blog post to follow) was born with the Vita Coco Coconut Oil arriving shortly after.
Why We Should All Be Switching To Vita Coco Coconut Oil;
- Vita Coco Coconut Oil is Organic
Nothing else to add-on this.
2. Vita Coco Coconut Oil Is Unrefined
Unlike most coconut oil products Vita Coco Coconut Oil is unrefined. Refined coconut oil has been chemically processed & usually bleached too – gross. Cold press & chemical free is the best way to enjoy coconut oil.
3. Vita Coco Use Sustainable Packaging
The Vita Coco Coconut Oil is sold in recyclable glass jars & the Vita Coco Coconut Water bottles are made of Tetra Pak (which is a BPA-free, eco- & socially-responsible form of packaging made from wood fiber, a really sustainable resource)
4. Vita Coco Are Ethical
The Vita Coco Project are committed to raising 1 million people in coconut farming communities out of poverty through their Give, Grow, Guide philosophy. They find & invest in projects that give back to their coconut farming communities & provide their farmers with programs that will generate additional income as well a sharing best practices & new technologies with their farmers to help train them for a sustainable future.
5. Vita Coco is Cruelty Free
Unfortunately the coconut trade is known for its cruel practices whereby monkeys are used to harvest the coconuts. Permanently on a chain & treated terribly, these monkeys are subjected to both physical & mental torture. Vita Coco do not use monkeys in their coconut farming, making their brand both 100% vegan & cruelty free.
Ok, so another reason I love Vita Coco Coconut oil, is because there are so many ways you can use it. You guys know I like to minimise my routines & keep my circle small when it comes to products – you can literally do so much with this stuff. Vita Coco Coconut Oil is one of my ‘must have’ products. Like really, if I had to pick only 3 products from my blog this stuff would be the first choice.
Here is a list of ways which you can use Vita Coco Coconut Oil;
- Cooking. Obviously. Bake with it, fry with it, add a teaspoon to your breakfast smoothie… it tastes deeeelish. Tag team with my kale chips recipe for that basic healthy vegan snack.
- Add it to your matcha latte (or any hot beverage of choice) to make it a super drink.
- Use it as a highlighter, I’ve used it on my cheek bones & my shoulders & it gave me a lovely natural glow.
- Bathe it in – literally for some hardcore relaxation. I add essential oils & epsom salts for my ‘god-have-mercy-on-my-body’ bath.
- Moisturize with it, I religiously apply the stuff to my body, it just soaks into your skin & leaving you feeling incredible soft.
- Shave with it. Especially sensitive areas. TMI?
- Remove your eye make up with it, it is proven to encourage eyelash growth so definitely worth ditching the wipes!
- Soak your hair in it – it really is the best natural hair mask out there peeps.
- Use it on your dry lips for instant smoothing.
- Tanning oil. Did you know it has a natural SPF 4? Obvs I need something a little bit higher here in the UAE, but how cool?
- Whiten your teeth. Coconut oil is a natural teeth whitener & also proven to get rid of all the bacteria in your mouth. (Why not tag team with Humble Brush?)
- Treating sunburn. Mix it with some lavender oil & smother all over your burn.
- Bed time. Again, I mix it with essential oil (either lavender or bergamot which I’m obsessed with just now) & dab on my temples & wrists. Coconut oil is the best oil carrier ever.
- Run out of your fav vegan butter alternative? Coconut oil.
- Lube. Enough said.
- Massage oil (ok this is getting fruity)
- Cuticle oil – use it as part of your mani/pedi treatment.
Ok, so enjoy this glass jar of goodness & be sure to check out Vita Coco AE for Insoinspo& where to buy. May it help you stay smooth, slinky & healthy. I am off for some vegan pizza & a movie night with mi amigo – happy friyay! Jess oxo