My Dairy Free, Healthy, Blueberry & Raspberry Muffins
Good Morning 🙂
I haven’t posted in a while as I have been on holiday, but since arriving back home I have come up with a few recipes which I wanted to try and share with you.
I have been really craving sweet things in the afternoons at work recently, so instead of buying overpriced, sugar and fat loaded muffins, I wanted to try and create a healthy muffin alternative that my vegan followers can enjoy too. I decided to make Dairy Free, Whole-wheat Raspberry and Blueberry Muffins. These are two of my favourite fruits, which are full of vitamins and are the perfect size for muffins too. This recipe is really easy too so you don’t need to be an experienced baker to try.
- 1 ½ cups of almond milk
- 2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp of honey or agave/maple syrup if vegan
- 1 heaped tbsp of raw cacao
- ½ cup of raspberries berries (frozen or fresh)
- ½ cup of blueberries (frozen or fresh)
- 8 muffin cases OR muffin tin with parchment paper
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees
- In a mixing bowl, sift the flour, baking powder and soda (dry ingredients)
- Add the almond milk, coconut oil, honey or agave and fold until the mixture is no longer dry
- Add the berries to the bowl. Mix thoroughly
- If you don’t have muffin cases, line each muffin cup with parchment paper and spoon the mixture in
- Alternatively, spoon your mixture into each muffin case
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes until the muffins start to turn a nice golden brown
Why don’t you try these low fat, dairy muffins for when your craving something sweet?