Colourful kale & kiwi Quinoa
Today I have an amazing quinoa recipe I have to share with you. It is low in fat, and also extremely high in nutritional value as it is PACKED with superfoods. Oh, and it’s absolutely delicious.
I have only discovered quinoa recently, and I have a few ideas I want to try with it. One of them, was a superfood quinoa, which you are reading right now. I really wanted to create a dish I could take to work for lunch or have has a light supper. And I really wanted to see how many superfoods I could fill it with, without spending a fortune.
After some experimenting, I managed to narrow my recipe down to 5 fantastic superfoods.
Here is brief overview of the benefits these ingredients provide;
Kale – This leafy green is one of the most nutrient dense ingredient in the word. Fact.
Pomegranate – It is the most powerful anti-oxidant fruit in the world. Another fact.
Walnuts – They contain a number neuroprotective compounds, which stimulate your brain and increase productivity
Kiwis – Did you know they contain over 85% of your recommended daily amount of vitamin C?
Goji Berries – Happy berries! Proven to increase calmness and reduce stress
After reading all of the above, you probably want to make and eat this. So here is how you do it 🙂
- 1 cup of Quinoa
- 1/2 lime (or 1 small lime)
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1/2 pomegranate
- 1 cup of chopped kale
- 1/2 cup of walnuts
- 1 kiwi
- 2 tbsp of gojiberries
- Add quinoa and 1 1/2 cups of water to a pan and bring to the boil
- Once boiled, simmer for 15 – 20 mins
- Drain any excess water that and leave to cool
- Squeeze the lime juice into a separate bowl, add the coconut oil and a pinch of black pepper and mix well to create a dressing
- De-seed the pomegranate and peel and chop the kiwi
- Once the quinoa as cooled, pour your lime and coconut oil dressing over and mix well
- Add kale, kiwi, walnuts, and serve
This dish is filling, fruity and wholesome. Packed with vitamins and anti-oxidants, which leaves you feeling great. This quinoa dish is dairy free too so can be enjoyed by everyone.
If you love any of the ingredients above and have a chance to make this dish, I highly recommend you do so. You won’t regret it, I promise!