Delicious, Creamy Vegan Stuffed Potato Skins
Hello all, I hope you have had a nice week so far. I have a long weekend as the Middle East celebrates EID, so plenty of time to blog and try new recipes.
I have really enjoyed experimenting with Vegan cooking recently, I have been amazed how easy it actually is to create purely plant based meals. Last night I cooked an amazing vegan stuffed potato skin recipe, which not only tasted great it definitely filled me up. Using only veggies and almond milk, I was pleasantly surprised that my meat eating partner also loved this dish.
This recipe takes a lot longer than the majority of my other dishes, around 1.5 hours total… just a heads up before you start!
- 1 glove of garlic, minced
- 2 large poatoes
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup of red pepper, chopped into small peices
- 2/3 cups of almond milk
- 1/2 cup of sweetcorn
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil, melted
- 2 small green chilies, chopped
- 1 1/2 avocado, peeled and chopped
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees and roast the potatoes for an hour
- Once cooked, removed the potatoes from the oven and cut them in half, leave to cool
- While the potatoes are cooling, in large pot saute the garlic and the onion in the coconut oil until the onions have started to turn golden before taking off the heat
- In the food processor, blend the avocado and 1/3 of the almond milk. If you do not have one, mix and mash together in a bowl with a fork
- Once the potatoes have cooled down, scoop the potato from the skin and add to the pot with the garlic and the onion with the remaining almond milk
- Add the avocado and almond milk mix to the pot also and return to the heat as you mash the potato mixture ensuring it is mixed thoroughly
- Once mixed and mashed, refill the potato skins with the potato and avocado mix
- Top each potato skin with spring onion, red pepper, sweetcorn and chili
- Return the stuffed potato skins to the oven for 15 minutes until the tops look slightly crunchy
I absolutely loved this dish. Creamy, filling and bursting with flavor, it is the perfect healthy comfort food recipe.
Why don’t you make this vegan avocado stuff potato skins the next time you are craving a baked potato?