I can’t believe how many meal options there are for vegans! I have been eating a lot less dairy recently, and really trying to come up with nutritious clean vegan recipes, and it has been a LOT easier than anticipated. If someone had spoken to me about veganism a month ago the first thing I would have thought is ‘what on earth do vegans eat!?’. However, I have certainly learned a lot in these past weeks by experimenting in the kitchen. I came up with an amazing Vegan Ginger Stir Fry the other evening that proved to me once again I was wrong about Veganism being difficult.
So far, I have learned that fresh veggies are the key to any vegan dish. By making the (brilliant) decision to stop eating meat, it is essential that we get as many vitamins from fruit and vegetables. If you are not creative in the kitchen or you don’t know about the importance vegetables can play in your diet, it is very easy to opt for processed vegan foods. Although these are super tasty ( I LOVE vegan cheese) it’s not something you should solely be relying on. My Vegan Ginger Stir Fry contains green beans, green corn, red onion and carrots and is full of delicious nutrition. The Ginger Sauce is a light, dressing which keeps this stir fry low in fat.
- 1 handful of chopped carrots
- 1 handful of chopped baby corn
- 1 handful of green beans
- 2 tbsp of chopped red onion
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 tsp of soy sauce (vegan)
- 1 glove of garlic
- 1 tsp of grated ginger
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice
- 50 grams of whole wheat noodles
- Bring the noodles to the boil and simmer for 4 minutes
- Add 1 tbsp of coconut oil to a separate pan and saute the carrot, green beans, baby corn and red onion
- To make the sauce, mince the garlic and add this to a bowl with the lemon juice, soy sauce, grated ginger and the remaining coconut oil
- Once the vegetables are cooked (after around 5 minutes), drain the noodles and add to the veggie mix with your sauce
- Continue to stir on the heat until the noddles and sauce are mix through
Yum! I loved this dish and will certainly be making it again soon. All the ingredients are low in fat and calories and completely cruelty free, my favorite kind of dish 🙂 It’s also really quick, perfect for dinners or to take to work for lunch.
Why don’t you try this Vegan Ginger and Veggie dish? Don’t forget to subscribe to emails to receive updates on healthy and wholesome dishes like this!