Creamy, avocado & walnut pasta
Hi everyone, I hope you are having a nice week!
Do you ever crave a big bowl of creamy pasta? I do, a lot. Today I had one of those days where I couldn’t get pasta out of my mind. While looking through my cupboards, I noticed I had two ripe avocados and as I don’t like wasting food, I wondered if I could use them to create a healthy pasta dish.
This isn’t a dish I had created or eaten before, so I had to play about with the flavors a bit. I am pleased to tell you that I cooked a delicious bowl of vegan avocado pasta.
- 1 cup of pasta of your choice (serves 1)
- 1 1/2 rip avocados
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 3/4 cup of almond milk
- 1 lime
- 1 glove of garlic
- 1 cup of walnuts
- In a pan, bring you pasta to boiling point then leave to simmer
- Combine 1 avocado, 1/2 a cup of walnuts, the almond milk, 1 tablespoon of lime juice, chopped garlic clove, coconut oil and almond milk in a food processor and blend until smooth
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and return to pan
- Pour your blended avocado sauce over your pasta and return to heat, stirring continuously to ensure the sauce is heated through
- Chop the remaining 1/2 avocado and add to the pan last minute a long with the remaining 1/2 cup of walnuts
Why don’t you try this the next time you have a pasta craving? It’s the perfect, guilt free comfort food!