If in doubt just eat (vegan) ice cream.
It is so hot in Abu Dhabi just now! And the best way to deal with roasty toasty temperatures is…. ice cream. I love ice cream.
I decided to make another vegan ice cream recipe, using a banana base similar to my Vegan Mint & Cacao Ice Cream. A healthy alternative to dairy ice cream, this is a really easy recipe. This time I have gone for Almond flavor, not only because I love almond flavored anything, but because of the protein and other nutritional benefits almonds/almond butters contain. Healthy, vegan ice cream – yes please.
After a successful week of hitting the gym and clean eating (minus the pizza lol) I can enjoy my ice cream – dairy free and guilt free. I used Agave syrup for the drizzles but you can use maple syrup too as honey is not a vegan product – I will blog about this soon.
Anyway it’s documentry and vegan hot choc time. I’m watching Living on one dollar – highly recommend, eye opener. Hope you have/have had a great weekend and enjoy your almond nice cream people – Jess x
- 2 - 3 bananas
- 3 tbsp. of almond butter
- 1/2 cup of sliced almonds
- Agave/maple syrup for topping (optional - honey if not vegan)
- Chop the bananas into small chunks and freeze either overnight or for 2 hours
- Blend with the rest of the ingredients
- Sprinkle some chopped almonds on top and drizzle with your syrup
- Eat straight away or return to freezer for your time of need