Money can’t buy happiness – but it can buy vegan marshmallows & that’s basically the same thing
Hi all & happy Sunday. Well as you guys I know after my vegan weight loss post that I am all about moderation not starvation. I found a heap of vegan marshmallows in my cupboard (left over from my Vegan Christmas Hot Chocolate Pressies) & with my zero waste hat on I decided to make loads of vegan marshmallow krispie squares – BOOM.
This stuff is so easy to make – just chuck everything in a pan on a low heat, squash it into a baking paper lined tin & leave to cool. Slice & eat – my kinda food prep. Don’t listen to people who say you need a square/rectangular tin – I used circle tins, tastes the same.
Enjoy! Jess xx PS. Thank you all SO MUCH for the love for Ration The Fashion, I am so pleased I have managed to inspire people! 🙂
- 4 cups of vegan marshmallows
- 5 cups of rice krispies (or whatever vegan cereals you want)
- 3 tbsp. of coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. of vegan butter
- In a large pan, melt the marshmallows, coconut oil & vegan butter - SLOWLY on a low, low, low heat!
- Once it's all melted and combined into a big marshmallow blog, add in your krispies & stir until they are all covered
- Squash into a baking tin (lined with baking/parchment paper)
- Leave to cool before slicing & serving
- I made some chocolaty ones, I just melted 100g of dark, vegan chocolate then poured it into the mix once the krispies were added. I chucked in some coconut shavings too - yum!