Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake
Hi- hi 🙂 Happy Saturday, I hope you all managed to get some good bargains yesterday! I stocked up on snug winter clothes for my trip home and some Christmas party outfits – it’s only 19 sleeps…I am so excited!
Besides the gym and and my online shopping, that is pretty much all I have done so far this weekend along with making my delicious, healthy carrot and ginger cake yesterday afternoon.
I love carrot cake, always have and the taste of ginger just as much. So using flour, almond milk and a few other natural ingredients I managed to bake the tastiest cake. It is so quick and easy to make, you literally just mix everything together then bake for 40 minutes (my kind of baking).
My vegan carrot and ginger cake is sugar free, great if you are trying to stick to a diet or want a healthy alternative when you are having major cake cravings.
- 2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 2 grated carrots (large)
- 1 tbsp. of grated fresh grated ginger
- 1 tsp. of baking powder
- 2 tsp. of nutmeg
- 1 tbsp. of agave syrup
- Pre-heat the over to 190 degrees and line a baking tin with parchment paper
- In a mixing bowl, sift in the flour and add the rest of the dry ingredients (baking powder and nutmeg)
- Next, add the remaining ingredients and stir thoroughly until you have a thick cake batter
- Pour into your baking tin and bake for 40 minutes
Best served warm, in my opinion, it smells so good when fresh out the oven. A healthy alternative, this sugar free carrot and ginger cake contains no animal products what so ever, just wholesome plant based goodness 🙂
Enjoy – happy weekend. Jess x