Delicious Vegan Strawberry & Kale Couscous
Bonjour – happy Wednesday 🙂 After holidays in France and 3 weeks of pigging out it’s time to hit the salads and the gym. I am not usually a big fan of salads, I find a plate of leaves boring and unfulfilling so I have been trying to come up with a few salad lunches for work which I actually enjoy.
This Strawberry and Beet Kale salad was so quick and easy to make and the added couscous keeps me full until home time too. Oh and it’s vegan (obviously). Couscous is so versatile and can be added to almost any salad, one cup of the stuff cooked only contains 175 calories and 0g of fat (yay). It also provides you with 6g of protein. Every single ingredient in this salad is nutritional, giving you a salad bowl of skinny goodness.
I am not the only one who likes strawberries (or any kind of berry) in this apartment. Zara in particular has a thing for blueberries, raspberries and strawberries – in that order.
- 2/3 cup of couscous (uncooked)
- 1 large handful of kale
- 1 handful of strawberries
- 1 handful of chopped beet
- Small handful of sliced almonds
- 1 tbsp. of coconut oil
- 1 tsp. of balsamic
- In a pan over low heat, add 2/3 cup of boiling water to your couscous. Fluff with a fork and leave for 6 minutes before removing from the heat.
- Tear up the kale leaves and transfer to serving bowl. Pour coconut oil and balsamic on top and mix with hands to ensure all the kale is covered.
- Add the couscous, strawberries, beet and almonds to the bowl and serve. Yum.