It’s A Scrambled-Breakfast-Protein-Tofu-In-Bed Kinda Morning
Good Morning and Happy Weekend from the UAE 🙂 It’s been a pretty productive one so far – I went to the gym and did 30 minutes on the treadmill before a 20 minute arm work out (arms which I can no longer feel). I didn’t eat before hand so naturally I was starving when I finished and went and bought the ingredients for this easy scrambled tofu recipe.
After reading and learning about Jamie Oliver’s hero foods, I decided to try to add more tofu to my diet. It is not something I have cooked before, however when we eat out I do enjoy it. Thankfully not only was my dish delicious, it was really quick and easy too, just what I needed.
- 175G of tofu
- 1 handful of chopped spring onion
- 1/2 avocado (sliced)
- 1 cup of baby spinach
- pepper to season
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- Remove the tofu from the packet and slice into 8 - 10 pieces
- Wrap in kitchen roll firmly, allow to soak for ten minutes to drain any excess water
- In a pan, saute the spinach and spring onion in the coconut oil until nearly all of the spinach has wilted, drain and return to pan
- Add the tofu to the pan with the spinach and onion and mash with a fork until it resembles scrambled eggs
- Saute for 5 minutes, season with black pepper
- Drain in a fine sieve if needed
- Serve your spinach tofu with the sliced avocado on top, enjoy immediately.
Quick, easy and tasty. Tofu is high in protein, along with the spinach and avocado, my scrambled tofu recipe is a great pre/post work out meal. Tofu is also high in calcium and iron, making it a fantastic dairy free product. I have just finished eating mine (in bed) and loved it – definitely making it again.
Do any of you eat or cook tofu a lot? I hope you all have a good weekend – I am planning on spending my afternoon reading outside and topping up my tan – enjoy! Jess x