Low Fat, Veggie Spaghetti Meatballs, Yum!
Hello everyone. I have a quick and easy recipe for you today, a healthy Quorn spaghetti and meatballs. It’s a great meal if you are in a rush or are not an experienced cook, but tastes great. This recipe is ideal for when you are craving a big bowl of comfort, but without the added calories!
- 350g whole wheat spaghetti (dried)
- 1 packet of Quorn meatballs (they are sold frozen, so I leave them out for around half an hour to defrost slightly)
- 2 tins of chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup of chopped mushrooms
- 2 gloves of chopped garlic
- 1 white onion
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of dried herbs (Italian, mixed or basil works well )
- Fresh basil to garnish (optional)
- Bring the spaghetti to a boil and simmer until cooked
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan and sauté the garlic, mushrooms and onion
- Once the onions are transparent, add the chopped tomatoes and dried herbs and meatballs and simmer until the meatballs are cooked through
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Drain the spaghetti once cooked then serve with your meatballs and sauce.