Pasta? I’m in.
I literally ate my body weight in food this weekend. My bf works away, so when is he home we like to make the most of it & one of our favorite things to do is go out and eat – a lot.
So after a weekend of good food and cocktails, it’s back to the salads for me. But it’s not all doom and gloom as this salad contains pasta and is ah-mazing (if I do say so myself).
And peaches. Peaches make everything taste good.
Orzo pasta works really well in salads, it only takes around 15 minutes to cook too. It is low in both fat/calories but provides a decent amount of protein.
BTW I recommend visiting Hakksan – I have eaten from the al a carte menu and now had brunch there too – lots of nice veggie/vegan options.
If you love peachy vegan recipes – don’t forget to subscribe to Foxes & Food for recipes straight to your inbox (no spam – promise). Oh & vote for us as COSMO’s Ultimate Foodie of the year award by clicking here!
Happy Monday people, have a fab start to the week – Jess xx
- 3 peaches - chopped
- 1 small red onion - peeled and sliced
- 4 cups of baby spinach
- 2 cups of dried orzo pasta
- 2 red peppers (sliced)
- coconut oil
- agave syrup (or honey for non vegans)
- 1/2 cup of pecans
- In a large pot, bring the orzo pasta to the boil and leave to simmer for around 15 minutes (I added a tbsp. of coconut oil to stop it sticking together) - keep stirring!
- Once cooked, drain and add to a large serving bowl (or set aside until cool if you want a cold pasta salad)
- Add the spinach, red pepper and peaches to the orzo
- In a cup, mix together 1.5 tbsp. of coconut oil and 1 tsp. of agave syrup - add to the salad and mix well
- Sprinkle with pecans and serve!