Delicious Summery Lemony Vegetables
Time: 20-30 mins
Serves: 3-4 (when served as side dish)
Summer is here and it’s the perfect time of year to rustle up some colorful veg. This is a perfect side dish which you can serve with chicken, fish, Quorn… the list is endless!
I recently picked up a number of my favorite veg on the way home from work, as I wanted to try cooking with coconut oil. Not only did the end result look fab, it tasty great with the simply seasoning and just the right amount of sweetness from the coconut oil and zing from the lemon.
- Coconut oil for roasting
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 lemon
- 1 red onion
- 2/3 peppers – orange, yellow & red work well
- 1 large zucchini (or 2 small)
- 1 large yellow zucchini (or 2 small)
- Rosemary to season
- Dice the butternut squash into small cubes and slice the rest of the veggies
- Drizzle coconut oil over a tin foiled lined tray, then spread the veg on top before drizzling some more oil over them
- Half the lemon and use one half to squeeze the juice over the veg
- Slice the second half of the lemon and place slices as far out as possible over your coconut oil smothered veg
- Season with rosemary before adding to the oven
- Cook at 180 degrees for 35 minutes
Word of advice (from experience) if your veggie tray looks over loaded, split the veg into two separate trays. Squeezing them all into one tray will steam them and smush them together… trust me!
Serve immediately and enjoy!