Delicious, hazelnut milk oats!
Recently I have been playing around with plant based milks, and have discovered some great ways to add them to your diet. This morning I used hazelnut milk as opposed to cows milk in porridge, and I loved it!
Out of all the dairy free milks I have tasted, hazelnut milk has the strongest taste. So if you like hazelnuts, you will love the nutty flavor that comes with dairy free milk, especially in porridge which can be quite bland. If you have a sweet tooth, you will love this low fat porridge recipe.
- 2/3 cup of oats (100g)
- 2/3 cup of hazelnut milk
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- 1/3 cup of boiling water
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- Toppings I used for this recipe were; banana, chopped almonds & coconut shavings
- Add the oats, hazelnut milk and boiling water to a pan and stir continuously
- When warm add a sprinkle of cinnamon and the coconut oil
- Serve in a bowl and add your toppings
Have you used dairy free milks in porridge before? Why not try hazelnut milk next time for a low fat, healthy breakfast. I am off to enjoy mine in bed!