Delicious Quorn Risotto
Hello everyone. I hope you have had a nice week so far.
After my successful Vegan Strawberry Risotto, I wanted to try and create another low fat risotto using Quorn, one of my favorite vegetarian products. My boyfriend just arrived back from a (what felt like a very long) trip to the UK, so last night was a perfect opportunity for me to try and cook something nice for us both.
This vegetarian risotto dish is easy to make, high in protein and a low fat alternative to the common risotto recipes.
- 2 cups of risotto rice
- 3 cups of vegetable stock ( I used two small cubes)
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 2 cloves of chopped garlic
- 1 white onion
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 large cup of chopped mushrooms
- 1 packet of Quorn Chicken Style Peices
- 1/3 cup of chopped basil (or 1 heaped tablespoon of dried basil/herbs)
- 1 teaspoon of soy sauce (vegetarian)
- In a pan, add the mushroom, onion and garlic in the coconut oil. Saute until the onion is transparent.
- Add the risotto and continue to stir until the rice is no longer clear and some grains have started to turn golden.
- Add 1 cup of stock and the Quorn pieces and continue to stir until the risotto has soaked it all up
- Once evaporated, add the second and third cup of stock and repeat as above
- Stir in the basil and soy sauce
- Add the almond milk and continue to stir until like the stock, it has been soaked up by the rice
- Continue to stir and serve when there is no liquid left in the pan, season with pepper or other herbs as desired
Why don’t you try this low fat, vegetarian, Quorn risotto? It is the perfect, creamy comfort food, without all the calories of cream!