‘I don’t know man.. I just started eating noodles & I was like ‘wow… my problems, where did they just go?’
Hi people & happy Monday indeed. Hope you all had a fab weekend! Me & my boyfriend celebrated our first year together (awww) & had a staycay in Fujairah. We stayed at Le Royal Meridien Al Aqah Resort which I totally recommend & went diving – mind blowing!
Anyway, we loveeee Thai food & a few weeks ago I made this easy vegan pad Thai recipe from scratch with scrambled tofu (which you don’t need to add but it’s so good). The recipe below serves one, just double for 2 & so on.. You can use any veggies you want/have left over – even frozen veg will work.
Enjoy! Jess x
PS – If you haven’t had a chance to yet, check out my latest Ration The Fashion video – I got a sneak peak round My Ex Wardrobe’s warehouse! (They are a fab 2nd hand clothing business in the UAE – you have to see this!)
- 150g of rice noodles
- 1 cup of mixed veggies (I used broccoli, baby corn, snow peas, sliced carrots, chopped mushrooms)
- ¼ white onion (chopped)
- 2 tbsp. of coconut oil (for sautéing veg, you can use any oil)
- 1 tbsp. of chopped peanuts & 1 tbsp. spring onion for serving (optional)
- 4 oz. of tofu (drained)
- 1 clove of garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- ½ tsp. curry powder
- 1/2 tbsp. of vegan soy sauce
- ½ tbsp. of sugar
- 1 heaper tbsp. of peanut butter
- 1 tbsp. of lime juice
- Place the rice noodles in a large bowl and cover with boiling water, leave to soak for 2 minutes before draining – set aside.
- In a large wok/pan, sauté the white onion and your mixed veggies of choice in 1 tbsp. of coconut oil until soft
- In a smaller pan, breakdown the tofu and sauté in the rest of the coconut oil with the garlic for around 3 minutes. Mix in the turmeric and curry powder and sauté for another few minutes
- Mix together all the ingredients for the sauce, then add it to your veggies the rice noodles and your scrambled tofu.
- Stir your pad Thai thoroughly to ensure the sauce & flavours get everywhere
- Serve with the chopped peanuts & spring onion – enjoy immediately!