Spice up your life with vegan 3 bean chili
Who loves chili?…. Me.
Who doesn’t have time to spend an hour making chili?…Also me.
This vegan 3 bean chili recipe is super easy and super quick. It will take 30 mins tops – maybe even 20 if you throw stuff around the kitchen and cook like a crazy person (Also me.)
I made a HUGE bowl of this stuff at the weekend and the ingredients listed below reflect my eyes-were-bigger-than-my-belly moment but don’t worry. The ingredients are cheap and this can be frozen too. Although I’ve been eating it for a few days now lol.
You can enjoy this chili on its own as a big bowl of chili goodness or serve with rice, couscous etc. Why don’t you make this huge pot of vegan chili for your family/friends?
Or be selfish like me and eat it all 🙂 Ok, gym time – Jess xx
- 1 large white onion (peeled and diced)
- 2 gloves of garlic (peeled and minced)
- 1 cup of chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup of sweetcorn
- 1 tbps. of chili powder
- Fresh coriander
- 600g tinned/carton chopped tomatoes
- 3 cans worth of cooked beans - I used kidney beans, black eyed beans and black beans
- 1 tbsp. of coconut oil
- Salt & pepper to season
- Coconut cream (optional)
- In a large pot, saute the onion, garlic and chopped mushrooms until the onion starts to brown
- Add the chopped tomatoes with the beans, chili powder and sweetcorn and simmer for 15 minutes
- Add some fresh coriander and season to taste before serving with a dollop of coconut cream