Easy Vegan Alfredo Pasta (with vegan sausage from Field Roast)
I am finally back in the kitchen doing what I love the most! I have been sooo busy with this never-ending course work & travelling which hasn’t left me with a lot of time recently to play around with recipes, so being asked to try out some amazing vegan products by Field Roast was literally the perfect excuse to drop everything & get back in the kitchen.
Field Roast is vegetarian/vegan grain meat made from grains, vegetables & seasonings. High in plant-based protein & GMO free, Field Roast use fresh produce & the most local source possible for all of their spices & wheat flours – a much healthier alternative to a lot of the ‘fake vegan meats’ out there in the market!
the field burger & the apple & sage sausages
Field Roast have a HUGE selection of products to choose from including veggie burgers, sausages, deli slices, roasts & loaves & even entrees & appetizers (which I am DYING to try!!) – they look like the perfect party snack & just in time for the festive season!
I was lucky enough to get my hands of the Field Burger & the Apple & Sage Sausages. The Field Burger is without a doubt the best vegan ‘meat’ burger I have tasted & went down so well with my vegan mango chutney (recipe coming soon) & the Apple & Sage Sausages were really delicious! There are so many ways you can enjoy them, in a risotto, a casserole, as part of a breakfast, hot dogs (the list goes on) but I decided to whip up this quick & very easy vegan Alfredo pasta & chuck them in.
This recipe is really quick & easy, you can make it with out with out nutritional yeast if thats not your thing. You can literally rust this stuff up in 20 minutes (or less if you concentrate lol) & it it the perfect bowl of comfort food for when you want to stuff your face with creamy carbs (which is like all the time for me lol). To read more about Field Roast check out their website by clicking here & order directly to your doorstep with delivery in the Middle East by checking out this stockist.
Recipe below – enjoy! & keep your eyes peeled for the burger recipe! Jess xox
- 2 Field Roast Sausages (chopped)
- 2 gloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 white onion (chopped)
- 1 block of drained tofu (300g)
- 1/2 cup of almond milk (unsweetened)
- 1 handful of fresh basil
- 1 pinch of red chilli flakes
- 1tbsp. coconut oi
- 1tbsp. nutritional yeast (optional)
- In a sauce pan, saute the garlic & the onion in the coconut oil until the onions start to turn transparent
- Transfer them into a food processor with the almond milk, nutritional yeast & tofu and blitz until you have a creamy sauce (I use my NutriBullet)
- Mean while, cook your pasta
- Pour the Alfredo sauce back into your saucepan & add the sausage - simmer for 5 minutes
- Drain your pasta & add to your sauce, chuck in the basil with the chili flakes
- Stir, season & serve - enjoy!