My Dairy Free Soup Of The Day
15 sleeps until Christmas and only 6 sleeps until I head to the airport! Happy Thursday to me, it has been a quick week in the office thankfully, but I still feel like I have so much to organize before I go. Packing for 10 days and every occasion (nights out, Christmas day, comfies, casual wear), nails to get done, pup food shopping before the pet sitter comes in, cleaner to organize, the list goes on and on and on.
Ok, so if you follow my blog you will know that I love quick and easy cooking. Take this coming week for example, busy Jess = less time in the kitchen. I like to be prepared for the week and often prep my lunches at the start of the week and I have recently fallen in love with wholesome, clean soups. It has actual been quite cold here (with temperatures dropping to 22 degrees but still) and there is nothing better than a big bowl of comfort.
This week I came up with a really easy and delicious vegan soup, roasted red pepper and coconut – SO GOOD. It kinda looks Christmassy too?
- 6 large red peppers or 8 small
- 2 tbsp. of coconut oil
- ½ chopped white onion
- 2 garlic gloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 veggie stock cube
- 2 cans of coconut milk
- 2 cups of boiling water
- Pre-heat the oven to 190 degrees
- Wash and slice your red peppers, cover in 1 tbsp. of coconut oil and roast in the oven for 20 minutes
- In a large pot, sauté the onion and garlic in the remaining coconut oil until the onions and started to turn transparent
- Add two cups of boiling water along with your veggie stock cube and stir until disintegrated
- Pour and stir in your coconut milk
- Once your peppers have roasted for 20 minutes, add them to the pot
- Blitz with an electrical hand mixer or transfer to a blender until the red peppers are blended, before returning to the heat for 2 minutes
- Season and serve immediately
Easy peasy. I made my red pepper and coconut soup 5 days ago and it still tasted great last night. Suitable for freezing too, this recipe is great if you have spent too much on Christmas presents and parties. Coconut milk is a amazing dairy free ingredient to give you a creamy soup, making this red pepper and coconut soup 100 % free from animal products. Not only that, red peppers are extremely high in vitamin C, which will boost your immune season thorough the cold/flu time of year. Why not make this vegan roasted red pepper and coconut soup this weekend? The weekend is in sight – enjoy! Jess x
P.S – Don’t forget to check out my Instagram page for clean eating/vegan recipe inspo 🙂