Coconut & Squash Sauce YUM
Good Morning people. I haven’t posted in a while because I have been sick, and when I say sick I mean really sick :-(. I caught a bad flu and have spent a lot of time in bed resting, but feeling 100% again…TG. While I was ill, I really needed a big bowl of creamy comfort food and I have always LOVED butternut squash sauces so I decided to come up with my own vegan, butternut squash sauce which is AMAZING and so easy to make! To give it some extra creaminess, I added some coconut cream to thicken the sauce up and make it even more delicious.
I devoured mine with gnocchi ( that’s just what I was in the mood for) but this sauce would be fab with any pasta, especially a nice linguini I think (yum). Also, I used my nutribullet for this, but you can use a hand blender just as easily.
- 1 glove garlic
- ½ white onion
- 1 veggie stock cube
- 1 ½ cups of water
- ½ cup of coconut cream
- 1 ½ cup of chopped butternut squash
- 2 tbsp. of coconut oil
- ¼ cup chopped fresh coriander
- Chop the onion and garlic and Sautee in 1 tbsp. of coconut oil in a pot with the chopped butternut squash for 5 minutes
- Add 1 + ½ cups of water and the stock cube, simmer for 15 minutes until the squash is soft
- Add the coconut cream and remaining coconut oil before blitzing in the food processor
- Pour over your pasta/gnocchi and enjoy!
Quick, easy and healthy, my 3 favorites! If you want more low fat, clean veggie + vegan dishes, subscribe to receive recipes straight to your inbox. Happy Sunday 🙂